Banging my head against Git, Visual Studio 15 and SSL

Recently the hard drive in my trusty old laptop failed. Annoying, but ultimately it was just an excuse to go shopping, ignore most of my backup of the old machine and re-install all my programs from scratch. As part of that I decided that I’d try experimenting with the latest pre-release version of Visual Studio 15, to see if it was stable enough for me to use for my personal projects and blog coding now.

So having worked out how you re-install a “free upgrade from Win7” copy of Windows 10 and gone through through Visual Studio’s new installer, I tried to clone some code from my private git server. Having been greeted with some cryptic errors, I’ve spent some time working out how to resolve the issue. So as ever, I’m writing it all down in case it’s of help to others… Continue reading